Does your team admire you as a dynamic and influential leader with dignity? Is that how you are viewed as a leader by people higher up the chain of command?
Leading others is difficult, mainly when your work environment is complex and ever-changing. Moreover, the task of delivering and maintaining your leadership presence, while living core corporate values, mission and goals is not an easy task.
Here are the five ways to increase your leadership presence:-
1. Have a Clear Purpose towards leadership:-
- · If you have to achieve your goals, you as a leader should be the focus because it is impossible to think towards a goal.
- · If we keep on changing our goal, then we are also demanding of our brain to improve its focus continually.
- · Before leading others, you must sit quietly for five minutes and make a checklist of all the aspects of your problem situation to know where the real problem lies and what you need to do about it.
2. Be Present to your Need:-
- · It follows on from being clear about your specific goal. When you know what you need to achieve or focus, it will help you to prioritize your most important action, to begin with, and gives you a structure for the tasks you demand of others.
3. Use Your Passion to Control your Emotions:-
- · A simple reason for that as we work towards a goal, our passion for the purpose overcomes your problems, as it focuses on the pleasure of achieving.
- · Our emotions, however, can be overwhelmed by difficulties as we feel the pain to our ego of a potential loss of the goal.
- · To retain a strong leadership presence, keep your focus on what you want to achieve.
- · Passion is one of the most powerful attributes of successful leadership.
4. Use your Negative Thinking to Achieve Positive Goal:-
- · One of the most valuable reason is that we have our Negative Thinking –which can free our imagination to achieve what we want.
- · You are using the word ‘Why not = How to’ can stimulate the powerful imagination of all in your team to focus on the goal to achieve.
- · For that, if you look at all the reasons why you cannot do something, you will observe that you have a ‘how to’ plan to do it – for in overcoming each of the listed problems, you are getting closer to your goal.
5. Use Smart Logic in Difficult Situations to Reach your Goal:-
- · This skill is most important in presenting a strong leadership presence with a clear focus on our goals, but then be convinced by the uncertainty of ourselves, or others, to lose that clear direction.
- · Using ‘Smart Logic in difficult Situations’ means that you direct all conversations towards progressing the goal you want to reach objectively and purposefully
So remember that we are all leaders. It depends on how we present ourselves and what we say and do to help others.
Your Leadership presence is what you bring to others!