In today’s dot-com culture, the department of human resource is also coming in the fashion of dress code. The power of dressing has created heightened awareness from last many years. You are judged before the discussion. Your clothes can create huge influence for getting selected for this job. The clothes you wear can affect your physical and mental performance.
According to Kim Zoller at Image Dynamics, 55% of another person's perception of you is based on how you look. Let’s go through quick yet useful tips for using the power of dressing as a secret weapon to land on the job;
1. You should appropriately dress for the position you are applying. Try to avoid loud colours and flashy ties.
2. Please make sure your clothes should be clean and properly ironed. It will help you to feel more confident and help you in projecting the right image for yourselves.
3. If possible, you should avoid wearing perfume, but remember you should not be over-smelling.
4. As the old saying goes: “Perception is the reality.” Think about the impression you want to build during your interview and then choose an outfit that will create a positive perception.
5. Don’t experiment with a new dress; there is nothing wrong with wearing new clothes. But, they can make you uncomfortable as you have never been in that dress earlier.
6. Don’t forget to polish your shoes and wear dark socks. It can create a wrong impression of causality in front of the recruiter.
7. Try to understand your industry and adjust your outfit for the interview.
8. Women should avoid wearing heavy jewellery in the job interview. Try to team your dress with very fewer accessories, one ring in one hand and pearl or silver earrings.
9. Men should wear a conservative suit with a solid colour and team up with long white sleeve shirt.
10. Please wash your hairs before going for the interview, and they should be combed. Make a neat and professional hairstyle.
11. Most importantly, you have to be calm, comfortable and composed.
12. Also, try to spend some time on research online about the company. It will help to determine the type of outfits you can choose properly.
13. Informal clothing can trouble you while negotiating. Try to wear formal clothes only.
14. Overdressing can be a mistake for the job interview. Shorts, T-shirts and sneakers are inappropriate for going into the job interview.
15. Don’t smoke just before the interview.
16. Please wear a very light makeup and get your nails manicured. You can also YouTube some videos for wearing the right make up in the job interviews.
17. The secret to successful interviewing not only dressing good but also to successful answering. Don’t over think on dressing only; create the powerful impact when you are going to answer also.
18. Take extra copies of your Cover letter and CV in a smart case.
How you carry yourself can create an impact on both observer and wearer. It is worth making an effort to give your first impression in the job interview.
If you’re looking for more such information, feel free to go through Amit Sharma’s ‘Social Recruiters’ book. Amit Sharma has 20 years of experience in the recruitment industry. You can find his book on Amazon or this website – www.amitsharma.net